The first Recertification Year for VCM Certificate Holders will be 2020. The following guidelines and requirements will apply:
- VCM will offer dual recertification of VCO and VCM certifications simultaneously every five years. The dual recertification term will start the year VCM designation is achieved. VCO recertification requires 60 contact hours and the Dual VCO/VCM recertification also will require 60 contact hours with additional restrictions on acceptable content.
- Requirements for recertification:
- Attend a minimum of two complete DPS Forums; may use an additional Forum or a national procurement conference for one of the three management-level required classes
- Attend three management-level classes with a minimum of seven contact hours each. A two-day management-level class does not equal two classes.
Three management-level classes must be chosen from the following categories:
- Procurement Metrics and Analytics
- Procurement Value
- Procurement and Ethics
- Performance Management
- Performance Measurement
- Strategic Procurement Planning
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Sustainable Procurement Practices
- Transparency in Public Procurement
- Best Practices in Procurement
- Demand rationalization
- Category Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- Supplier Diversity
Or a management-level class approved by the VCM Evaluation Committee.